Blue Sea is hosting a Diversity Conference led by Dr. MariLuz Genao, and there is LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE! The aim of this professional development is to provide evaluators with an understanding of:
- NYS Regulations that discourage current standardized score-based disability evaluations, and
- The psychometric mismatch of current disability evaluation tools with the Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) population and Socio-Economic-Staff (SES) variables.
- The second half of the day is devoted to training on the alternative field recommended practices for the CLD population to appropriately distinguish difference from disability with example CPSE and CSE disability evaluation reports. (*Further training will be needed to implement these practices and they will be provided via the EISN, please register in advance)
Cost: $100 in network / $150 out of network
- In Network: defined as a member of a School Districts who has a contract with Blue Sea for Diversity Consultation and Training Services
- Out of Network- All other Staff/Providers
**You may also pay at the venue**
Conference Location and Details:
Location: Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) 320 S Broadway, Hicksville NY 11801
Date: October 24, 2019
Time: 8:30 Registration/9:00-3:00 Conference
All cancelation requests must be made in writing to Blue Sea Education by no later than October 17, 2019 and will result in a full refund less a $25 cancellation fee. Cancellation requests made in writing and received after these dates will be processed, but no refund will be issued. Blue Sea is NOT responsible for any hotel, travel or other event related expenses.
Questions? Contact Us at
631-368-2583 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org