News from NYSED
- Invitation for Bids: Transportation: Tuscarora Reservation to and from Niagara Wheatfield SchoolsThe New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking bids for the transportation of certain Native American pupils from the Tuscarora Indian Reservation to and from nonpublic schools and schools... Read more »
- Invitation for Bids: Transportation: Unkechaug Reservation to and from Center Moriches Union Free SchoolsThe New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking bids for the transportation of certain Native American pupils from the Unkechaug Indian Reservation to and from nonpublic schools and schools... Read more »
- Funding Opportunity: Clinically-Rich Intensive Teacher Institute in Bilingual Education and English to Speakers of Other Languages – New York CityThe New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages (OBEWL) is seeking proposals for the creation of a Clinically-Rich Intensive Teacher Institute (CR-ITI) in Bilingual... Read more »
- RFP: Translations of New York State Examinations and Related MaterialsThe New York State Education Department (NYSED), Office of State Assessment, is seeking proposals from highly qualified proposers with expertise in providing written translations for New York State examinations and... Read more »
Blue Sea Education
News from Education Week–On Special Education
- Ed. Dept. Policing ESSA Rules on Portfolio Assessments for Students With DisabilitiesThe Every Student Succeeds Act says that portfolios, or collections of student work, can only be part of how a student is assessed for accountability purposes. ... Read more »
- Scores Stagnant For Students With Disabilities on 'Nation's Report Card'Students with disabilities showed gains in just one area on the National Assessment of Educational Progress, making little change in a persistent score gap compared with students without disabilities. ... Read more »
- Restraint and Seclusion Study Directive Included in New Budget BillThe newly-enacted federal spending bill directs the Government Accountability Office to examine whether the disciplinary method is underreported, and to offer examples of best practices on alternatives. ... Read more »
- Special Education Enrollment on Upward Trend in Charter SchoolsStudents with disabilities are becoming more common in the nation's charter schools, but there's a difference in enrollment based on the charter's legal status, a study finds. ... Read more »
Currently Hiring for Qualified:
Speech Language Pathologist (Western Nassau County)Blue Sea Educational Consulting has an immediate need for a Speech...LEARN MORE
Speech Language Pathology ConsultantBlue Sea Educational Consulting is looking for a Speech...LEARN MORE
We are always gathering candidates for Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists ...and more!
Event AnnouncementNo new events at this time.
Sign up for future event notifications and Blue Sea Newsletter updates.