News from NYSED
- Funding Opportunity: My Brother’s Keeper Exemplary School Models and Practices (ESMP)The State Education Department will award grants to districts that will replicate their exemplary high-quality college and career readiness school models, programs, and practices that emphasize the needs of boys... Read more »
- 2.2 Million Children Participated In State Library's 2017 Summer Reading Program2.2 million students and children statewide participated in the 2017 summer reading program, an increase of approximately 94,000 participants over last year’s program, the New York State Education Department and... Read more »
- NYSED Proposes Regulation Changes to Expand Opportunities to Obtain a Transitional G Teaching Certification Beyond STEM AreasThe State Education Department today proposed regulatory changes to expand the Transitional G teaching certificate for career changers beyond the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics to include any... Read more »
- Funding Opportunity: 2018-2023 Clinically-Rich Intensive Teacher Institute in Bilingual Education and English to Speakers of Other Languages (CR-ITI-BE/ESOL)The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages (OBEWL) is seeking proposals for the creation of a Clinically-Rich Intensive Teacher Institute (CR-ITI) in Bilingual... Read more »
Blue Sea Education
News from Education Week–On Special Education
- Special Education Enrollment Increases in Texas in Wake of Newspaper InvestigationAbout 14,000 more students in the state are enrolled in special education, after the state lifted what it called a "benchmark" enrollment figure of 8.5 percent. ... Read more »
- Arizona Misallocated Millions in Federal Special Education FundsA federal audit found that Arizona wrongly distributed some federal special education funds, and the state wants districts that received more money than they should have to be held harmless. ... Read more »
- Does Inclusion Slow Down General Education Classrooms?A researcher finds teachers in classrooms with high numbers of students with disabilities spend less time on teaching, but the analysis also offers a more complex view of teacher behavior. ... Read more »
- Autism Insurance Mandates Expand Access to Treatment, At Substantial CostA study finds that children in states where private insurers must pay for autism treatment access services at a greater rate, and at a larger cost, than children in states... Read more »
Currently Hiring for Qualified:
Speech Language Pathologist (Western Nassau County)Blue Sea Educational Consulting has an immediate need for a Speech...LEARN MORE
Speech Language Pathology ConsultantBlue Sea Educational Consulting is looking for a Speech...LEARN MORE
We are always gathering candidates for Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists ...and more!
Event AnnouncementNo new events at this time.
Sign up for future event notifications and Blue Sea Newsletter updates.